Very simple and with a little imagination we can add some more sparkle and action to the spinner lures.
We do not need professional tying equipment and material, beginner equipment is just fine. Fly tying on treble hook does not have to be as precise as tying trout flies, salmon, etc.
For fly dressed treble hook in this blog we need: fly tying vise, scissors, bobbin, thread, flashes, glue and of course spinner lure. Cheap and great material is tinsel and angel hair for Christmas tree decoration.
Fly dressed treble
- Prepare your hook in vise.
- Attach a thread a few times around.
- Add material to hook.
- With scissors we cut the length that suits us best.
- Turn the hook around and repeat the process.
- different sparkle materials can be used
- we repeat the process again
- I finish the thread with a hand whip finish or with whip finish fly tying tool
- add some glue to finish
And you are ready for fishing.
Till next time …
… tight lines and wet landing nets!
If you would like to use content from the Fishing Religion website (in whole or in part), please add a link to the contribution on our site in your post.
Some of the links in this blog and in our videos may be affiliate links, and pay us a small commission if you use them. We really appreciate the support. Thank you for your support.
This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, I may be compensated if you make a purchase. As an Amazon UK Partner, I may be compensated if you make a purchase.